- Themis firms partner with our clients; their concerns are ours.
- Our member firms are heavily vetted. To join the group, a firm goes through an extensive application and interview process. Themis does not accept just anyone. We would rather leave a jurisdiction unfilled than have the wrong firm in the group.
- When we refer a member attorney to our clients, we vouch for the member. We know the importance of referrals. Clients and claims professionals trust their assets and reputations to Themis.
- While individual firms are unique, we are all structured similarly. Themis members are full service law firms serving the insurance and corporate communities. We are not generalists. When a Themis member refers a client to another Themis member, we know the receiving firm will make sure both the assigned lawyer and team in the firm concentrate (or specialize, if a State allows) in the field covered by the referral.
- We are not a high-pressure organization. We do not allow our member firms to hand out business cards at events or follow up with the clients they meet, unless the contact is welcomed by the client and contact is done with the knowledge of the Themis member who exposed the client to Themis. Our clients have told us they are made uncomfortable by some groups which have an implied “Quid Pro Quo.”
- Our firms are all excellent, but we are mindful of the margins and economics of the defense field. We look carefully at fees, staffing and handling of claims/lawsuits. We comply with our clients’ guidelines and Themis members make sure the lawyer to whom the matter is referred is aware of the client’s philosophy and claims/lawsuit handling procedures.
- If a client has a problem with a lawyer or firm, the concern will be promptly addressed by the lawyer and will be elevated, if necessary, to the referring Themis ember.
- Themis is proud of the quality of the educational components of its activities. While all networking organizations have educational offerings and sessions, we know claims professionals encounter skepticism from their superiors if there is no client benefit in the program. Themis puts forth extra effort to provide value to our clients. We have fun at our events but we take education seriously.
- Our materials and programs are supervised by a dedicated Events Committee. The Themis members presenting are experts in their fields. The panels prepare extensively before any program is revealed to clients. We supply CE/CLE credits to attendees whenever possible.
- A large percentage of Themis attorneys represent their practices as leaders in industry organizations.
- Themis strives to keep a finger on the pulse of the industries we serve. With dedicated Practice Groups for Transportation/Trucking, Professional Liability, Construction Defect, General Liability, Insurance Coverage, Products Liability, Emerging Issues/Cyber and Employment Practices Liability/Workers Compensation, our lawyers are active in the field and alerted to emerging trends and issues which impact our clients.
- The Themis Annual Mock Trial is consistently rated by attendees as among the best our clients attend. We partner with a trusted Jury Consultant to provide jurors and technology which allows attendees to observe real-time feedback from the jurors.
- Themis pioneered a highly regarded Mock Mediation which has been presented to clients in the US and London.
- The Women of Themis Leadership initiative confronts, through cutting edge presentations, the very real gender issues facing the industry. Female and male members work with our client partners to promote understanding and solutions.
- We are developing an exciting series of webinars in various practice areas to expand the reach of our educational presentations.
Themis Advocates Group Resources Providing Value to Members & Clients Alike
Themis Advocates Group is committed to providing potential clients and members with the resources they need, no matter what state they are in. Click below to browse valuable resources from active members of Themis Advocates Group.